You work hard for your money, so you want to make sure that it will go as far as possible. That is why it is absolutely worth taking the time to find online coupons and promo codes that will give you discounts on the things you buy all the time. Here at PennyPromos, there are hundreds of great deals available online and if you take the time to search for the right coupons you will be able to save a significant amount of extra pennies, that could add up to a lot of money! Everyone could use a little bit more extra cash, so why not get started on coupon shopping today with PennyPromos?
This guide will give you an introduction into the art of coupon shopping and using promo codes, so that you can become adept at sourcing the very best deals. It takes a little while to get used to using coupons, but once you have gotten the hang of it you will find it easy and perhaps even exciting to search for the best deals. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always happy to help you make the most of your shopping and get the best possible deals on your product.
The Best Online Shopping Days of the Year
So what are the best days of the year for online shopping?
- Black Friday – The Friday following Thanksgiving Day in the United States is the beginning of the Christmas shopping season and a great time to find deals.
- Grey Thursday – The day before Black Friday. This day has started to become a shopping day because Black Friday sales are starting earlier and earlier.
- Cyber Monday – The Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday in the USA and one of the biggest online shopping days of the year.
- Thanksgiving Day – You can find great deals on this day as retailers launch their big Christmas deals early.
- Green Monday – The second Monday in December is named Green Monday after the massive amounts of cash that retailers make, as this is the busiest shopping day of the Christmas season. Often there will be plenty of coupons and promo codes available on this day.
- Free Shipping Day – To save even more on your online purchases, buy them on Free Shipping Day which is on December 18th.
- Super Saturday – This is the final Saturday before Christmas and another huge shopping day. Make sure that you take advantage of the promotions and deals.
- Boxing Day – After the excitement of Christmas is over, make sure that you take advantage of the Boxing Day sales!
Reasons to Use Coupons
Here are a few of the reasons why you should get into couponing:
- You will often be able to get extremely cheap deals or even free items. Why wouldn’t you want free things?
- You will save a lot more of your money, which means that you can put it aside in your savings for a rainy day or spend it on other things.
- You can find cheap deals on products that you use often so that you can stock up on them and save.
- Shopping online is a lot more convenient than going to the physical store and standing in line at the checkout. You can buy what you need while you are in your pajamas and sitting on your couch!
These are just a few of the reasons why you might want to consider getting into couponing. You can save yourself a lot of money, as well as enjoying the thrill of finding a sweet deal.
What are Promo Codes?
Promo codes are also known as coupon codes or promotion codes and they are specific codes that can be used when making an online purchase in order to receive a discount. They are often sent out in direct mail advertising campaigns or emails, but they can also be used on advertisements. For example, you might find a promo code that gives you free shipping, or 25% off your order.
Promo codes are pretty easy to use. When you are making a purchase at an online store, there will usually be a box at the final screen of the payment process where you can enter the promo code. Simply copy and paste the code into the box. The discount will automatically be calculated and should show up on your total.
Usually you will only be able to use one promo code for each purchase, but there might be some situations where you will be able to combine the code with another coupon or discount.
Sometimes the promo code will not be the type that you need to highlight and paste into the box, it will simply be a direct link that you can click. When you click the link, you will be taken to the retailer’s website and the discount will be automatically applied when you proceed through the checkout and make your purchase.
What are Online Coupons?
Back in the days before the internet, we used to use coupons that were printed in the newspaper or in flyers handed out by the shops. People would clip out the coupons with scissors, save them in a book and use them when they went through the checkout. However, these days we make a lot of our purchases online and as a result the world of online coupons has emerged.
Online coupons offer the same benefits that coupon have always offered – discounts or special deals on items. For example, a coupon might offer you a 2 for 1 price on a certain item, or it might give you 10% off on any order over $50, or free shipping. Coupons will have specific restrictions as well. For example, they might need to be used before a certain due date or they might a limit on how many of that product you can buy. If you want to make the most of your coupons it is important to understand the restrictions and read the fine print carefully so that you are using them correctly.
How to Use Online Coupons and Promo Codes to Save Money
When you use online coupons and promo codes you can save a lot of money by getting great discounts on the items that you purchase online. Here are some valuable tips that can save you a lot of money:
- Make sure that you are online using the coupons and promo codes for items that you would have purchased anyway. If you are buying items that you don’t need, you are not actually saving yourself any money.
- Sometimes buying products in bulk will allow you to save more money. If it is an item that is non-perishable and that you will use a lot of, it might be worth stocking up if you find a fantastic coupon deal.
- Be flexible about the brands that you purchase. Perhaps you might usually buy X brand of beans, but if there is a coupon for Y brand of beans that makes them much cheaper it might be worth choosing a different brand.
- If you have a coupon for a product that is out of stock, the store will usually give you a rain check. That means that you will be able to shop again another day and buy the item within a specific period of time while still getting the item for the sale price.
- When you are shopping online make sure that you check over your order very carefully before you push the final submit button. You should be checking that your payment information is entered correctly and that all discounts and coupons have been applied.
- There are usually a lot of opportunities for great deals on holidays such as Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas, Halloween and other times of the year. Keep an eye out for these special discounts and promo codes.
- Make sure that you check out the coupon and promo code websites early in the month, because often the manufacturers will place a cap on the number of coupons that they distribute. If you are an early bird, you will get more selection.
- Also, you should check back often. New coupon offers are posted almost every day, so the more often you check back the better chance you will have to snag a great deal.
- If there is an opportunity, try to combine coupons with sales and store specials. If the store allows you to do this, you can save even more money.
- If a coupon website requires you to pay money to access their promo codes, don’t bother with them. This is a sure sign that they are not legitimate, as coupons should not cost you anything to use.
If you are using a lot of different promo codes and coupons, you will want to have a strategy to keep them organized. Otherwise, you might forget to use the coupons and they might expire before you get a chance. A great way to help you keep track of your deals and coupons is to create a Bookmarks folder on your browser so that you can collect all of the links there.
It also helps to use Google Calendar alerts if there is a special coupon that you want to use before it expires. You can set up an alarm that will remind you within a few days of the expiry date on the coupon. Also, it can be very helpful to make a list of the products that you purchase regularly. That way, you can see which items you need to purchase and keep an eye out for coupons that come up.
Have Fun and Happy Shopping
Keep these tips in mind for more effective coupon and promo code hunting. The most important thing is to save money and have fun doing it! If you have any questions about coupons and promo codes or need any help, please feel free to contact us!